Wednesday, September 20, 2006

i miss u grandma
-----------------
For the past few nights, i've been dreaming of my grandmothers. Yes, both of them. But of course, not at the same time. But there's this particular night, i was sitting next to my grandma(mum's mother whom i'm more closer to). She was doing something, i can't recall what.. But all i remember was that, i was a small girl, most probably 6-7 years old. I was pulling my grandma's baju kurung, and i kept saying, "nenek...nek..nek.."(which means grandma) I kept saying that over and over again. But she just stood there and not responding to me. And of course, i was borken hearted becuase she didn't want to listen to whatever i had wanted to tell her. Then when i woke up, suddenly i remembered those times when i went to the wet market with her. I'd be very quiet because my grandma was rather fierce. So, i only talked to her when i wanted to. (See the irony here? In the past i didn't talk much to her. Now, that she's gone, i've got lost of stuff that i'd wanted to tell her about) Anywayz, most of the time, after we're done with the marketing, juz before we hop into the taxi i'd want to buy the Mr.Softee at 7-eleven, which was just in front of the taxi stand. Remember, those days, the Mr.Softee was in a rather big cup, and it comes in a few flavours such as, vanilla, chocolate and my favourite, CHENDOL. And then not to forget the toppings. The chocolate rice. rainbow rice.. and the hot fudge.. OOOOooohh... I missed those Mr.Softees... aaaaahh... So..anyway as i was saying, i'd be afraid to tell my grandma that i'd actually wanted to buy them. And you know what, most of the time, when we've reached home, i'd tell my mum that i didn't get to buy my Mr.Softee, and the next thing i knew i was crying! aha. Then my mum would ask my grandma why she didn't buy for me the ice cream. And she'll be like, "SHE DIDN'T TELL ME WHAT..." haiz.. Those were the days. I missed the raspy voice of my grandma on the phone. I missed her voice when she was scolding me. I missed the scent of her perfume. I missed her... presence.

No comments: