Saturday, February 18, 2006

I manged to squeeze some time from my busy schedule to re-form my blog. It's rather plain right now but in a few days time, im sure it'll look better, much better. Anywayz... fuh..where do i start?! Eventhough i've been been updating for who knows how long... It's not as if i don't have any stuff to do or talk about, ya know! I've loads of stuff on my mind at one point of time, i nearly exploded coz there's just so much things to do with so little time.

Okz... let's see what i can remember... A few weeks ago i went to my primary school's bestfriends's sister's wedding... I must say it was a simple but elegant celebration. The decorations were rather normal but there's just something about it that makes you feel as though you'd want yours to be like that! And i met up with my primary school buddy whom i've not seen since... the givng out of PSLE results?! Hahaha... She still looks the same.. The hair, the specs, the behaviour... It's still her. When we finally got re-untied, although we didn't have much to say to each other, we knew that we're both glad to have met up with each other again. There was a moment when we're just looking at each other and observing the changes that we went through the years. I must admit, it was rather awkward for both of us! But anywayz, it was nice, finally to have met your old friends, especially when they're your bestest friend.

So...and then... oh yah... you may not believe what i'm going to disclose right now... but...wad the heck... I actually went to the Singapore Idol auditions! Well...erm..i didn't really 'went through' the auditions... But...i did went there... I reached there at about 7 plus... I was somewhere at the end of the line.. And i made friends with 2 wonderful ladies from Indonesia.(one of them got through!) I was queuing from 7 plus until 5pm. It was nervewrecking. I just couldn't take it anymore. You know what, i was wearing my flip-flops! And everyone there, includind the producers, who saw me, thought that i was out of my mind, wearing slippers!!! The were pointing at staring at my feet! At that time, i really wanted to go up to them and say, "hey.. I'm wearing my slippers, coz i know i'm gonna be queuing for a long time! And i can't handle my heels very well. So, i've decided to wear my slippers and bring my heels along!!! So does that answer to your curiousity?!" But... too bad... nobody knew the truth... Oh well.. Then i told the gals that if by 5pm, we are nowhere near the stage, i'm gonna go home. And true enough, by 5pm, we are not even halfway through... So... i went home! It's a waste isn't it???! Should have waited.. TILL THE NEXT DAY?! NO WAY MANN! haiz...

Hmm... last week... i got back my results... hehehe... My colleagues forced me to check my results at the time when they released it, which was 2.30pm.... Initially i told them i'd check it only 5 minutes before going home... But...somehow, i too, was eager to know how i did... So... Around 3pm... i went to check... My hands were shaking as i typed the website... And it became worse when i had to key in my NRIC number.... Then... when the results page was finally out... i was... erm... how do i say it... i was kinda...DUMBFOUNDED. I didn't know what to think. I didn't know what to say. I was just staring blankly at the monitor. I didn't know what i was looking at. All i know was that i was staring at it for a century! Then a few minutes later... I was kinda brought back to earth... And so...i scanned through my results.. The day before, i actually wrote down the expected grades... And i compare it to the results on the screen... And slowly...a grin was formed... Then...there was laughter... And then.. i felt sad and disappointed. And then after, there was silence. Nobody in the office, dared to ask me anything... Then at about 4pm... I started to share with them about my results... AHAHA...it was a dman weird day! Okz...you guyz wanna know my results?! But first... I must say, it isn't really all fantastic... It wasn't great... But..i'm satisfied... Coz... i managed to get my goals. My main purpose of re-taking, is to see improvements and to show my parents that i can do it... And.. i achieved it! I improved! First up...English...from a B4 to a B3.... Then...my sicence... from a D7 to a C5... And...my Maths..I'm very proud with my achievement in Maths... from a D7 to a B4!!!! I couldn't remember the last time i got B4 for maths... erm..maybe in sec1/sec2??? My gawd!!! I finally passed my maths...!!! And on top of that... ITZ A B!!!! wohoo...!!! So..erm... That day when i got back, i received my result slip through post... And again, i kinda screamed...and shouted...and jumping all over the house... You wanna know why? coz... i saw a whole lot of school code printed on it!!! Which means that...i'm eligible for all those course!!!! You wouldn't know how i feel unless... the year before, you found out that you are not eligble for a single course... and now..you are elgible for most of the course!!!! I went beserk! Then i checked against the HOSPITALITY & TOURISM MANAGEMENT COURSE....and...the course code is there!!! its printed on my result slip!!!


Then... my mother came into the picture... she asked me..."SO HOW? PASS ONNOT?" I didn't say anything... i just passed her the result slip... She was staring at it for quite sometime... I guess...she didn't understand what it mean..coz..its not the same slip that i got last year... It was a rather complicated pieace of paper... It had no indication whatsoever o the subjects that i took and the grade i got... Its just numbers....full of codes... So... i just told her...yah.... i passed... Actually i'd wanted to say... I did more than a pass! I improved... I achieved my goals... And i managed to prove YOU wrong! When i told her that i pass... she doesn't look convinced... She just said..."Oh...ok lah..." But the moment my brother got home... i showed him the resluts.. he was rather pleased... And again, my mom kinda slide into the picture... then my brother explained to her how i did... and she was like, "OH... see...it's a good thing that you re-take... if not, it's a waste of time for you to be somewhere you didn't want to be..." And i actually confronted her and say..."EXCUSE ME!!! WHO WAS THE ONE WHO TOLD ME NOT TO RE-TAKE, BUT INSTEAD TO WORK????!!!!" She looked embarrassed and said..."yah lah...at that time i didn't didn't know you can do it..." i was like...WHAT THE F***! haiz... So...its a good thing i didn't follow what my mother told me to do! You know...sometimes...you have to fight for your rights...and not follow as your mother says(although its rather filial of you to do so). And now...i'm just waiting to get the results of my posting... Which would be a about 2 weeks time...

Haiz... i guess...i can... feel rather relaxed now... Everything's over... The nightmare has gone away... and.. a new life is about to begin... So.. i just have to be prepared with what's to come...

No comments: